If there was an easy and simple way to get rid of dark circles under your eyes this site wouldn’t exist. While we feel that you get superior results using the nearly pharmaceutical grade eye creams we recommend there are home remedies that will aid in getting brighter eyes.
We recommend homemade eye masks that contain lightening agents but are gentle on the skin. Irritating the eye skin area is never helpful and very easy to do.
Mask 1: Raw Potato, Honey and Olive Oil Eye Mask
Raw potatoes contain a naturally occurring bleaching agent that women have long used to lighten dark circles under the eyes. This gentle formulation can be used multiple times a week on the eye area.
- Chop one washed, small potato. Place in blender
- Add 1 tsp. Of honey and 2 tsp of olive oil into blender with chopped potato.
- Blend until smooth
- Avoid getting mixture into eyes and apply a light film to affected area.
- Leave mask on for up to 30 minutes, laying down is best.
- Rinse gently with warm water.
Mask 2: Parsley and Yogurt Eye Mask
Parsley contains Beta-carotene and Witamin C. Both of these agents are effective in lightening and brightening dark circles while less irritating than lemon juice Yogurt contains small amounts of lactic acid and has long been used to remove dead skin cells from skin’s surface. This treatment can be done one to two times a week.
- Take a small handful of parsley leaves finely chopped (preferably fresh) and mix into 1 to 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- After combining ingredients grind and crush parsley leaves to further blend. Blend as best as you can but its not necessary to pulverize the leaves.
- Lay down and apply the mixture onto the dark areas for 10 minutes
- Rinse with warm water after the time has elapsed and enjoy your lovely eyes.
Mask 3: Simple Green Tea Bag Treatment
If you have Green Tea Bags in your house you are one step away from a great dark circle treatment. Green Tea contains tannins which help constrict blood vessels (a main culprit in dark circles), antioxidants (which lighten darkness and improve texture) and if they are caffeinated will help with puffiness.
- Take two Green Tea bags and place in cool water. Remove from water and place in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the cooled damp tea bags over your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes.
- This can be done daily.